Are you ready for a new challenge within pharmaceutical marketing/events?
Keen to help build a strong team and deliver memorable experiences?
Want to lead the marketing for a global pharmaceutical event?
This company based in Bermondsey was formed in 2014 and is a successful events, publishing and digital platform business.
Their goal is to deliver the benefits of genomics to patients faster. To do so, they support people and businesses in the life sciences sector – pharmaceutical companies, healthcare organizations and research centres. Largely because of their backstory and purpose, they have gathered the support of the most prominent people and companies in the related fields of genomics and precision medicine.
They have three core products: events (including the UK’s largest genomics festival), a magazine and a web portal, including webinars, reports and regular content. Unlike most other companies of their kind, they are very much perceived as part of the industry that we serve. As such, they have developed an exceptionally strong brand and strong relationships within the market.
You’ll be taking a senior position at a dynamic start-up company focused on two of the most exciting and fastest growing areas of life sciences: genomics and precision medicine.
This role will suit you if you come from a strong events background and you’d like to build up your experience with digital/publishing products.
Main responsibilities are as follows:
- Active contribution to the strategic direction of the business, including all elements of running and growing a business
- Line management of a talented marketing executive, including training, coaching and ad hoc support
- Lead the building and execution of marketing strategies and execution plans for events, digital and published products
- Leadership of the data function, including maintenance and growth of data and related systems
- Maintenance of the marketing automation system, Pardot. Leading execution of automated marketing strategies/plans
- Hitting or exceeding targets for attendee acquisition (paid and free) for events, downloads/viewers on digital and publishing products
- Generation of leads (inbound enquiries) for the sales team via a variety of marketing approaches
- Design and leadership of our social media strategy, both as a company and for specific products
- Building and maintenance of event and other product websites. HTML experience is not necessary, but base level proficiency is useful
- Building and maintaining relationships with media and strategic partners
- Writing key copy for marketing campaigns, and content for the website.
- Analysing the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, both during and afterwards
- Manage and optimize the perception of the brand.
You’re someone who loves marketing, is tired of the corporate greasy pole, wants to work for a company with an authentic social mission, and is looking to take the next step up in their career.
- Thrive in a start-up environment. Be more interested in building and shaping, not inheriting, processes
- Be driven by success in a high-performance environment
- Be a warm, articulate and sociable person who is confident in their own skin (not a robot!)
- Have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in an events marketing role. Digital and/or publishing marketing experience is a plus
- Have experience of successfully marketing both small and large events
- Enjoy working with automated marketing systems
- Possess experience of managing and growing focused databases and be familiar with legislation/guidelines in this area
- Have led social media campaigns across a variety of platforms
Salary for this role is up to £50,000 based on experience. You’ll receive a generous bonus based on the performance of events, up to £4000, and other performance-related bonuses throughout the year.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Birthday off
- 3 duvet days per year
If you'd like to find out more information about this role, please email Olivia: email@example.com.
Or, simply hit the apply button and we'll be straight in touch with everything you need.